Saturday 12 March 2011

Being thankful in suffering

It is easier said than done. In actuality, it is really difficult to do so. I remember from a couple of years ago that a friend was talking about another friend who was suffering from a physical disorder which has caused her a lot of pain during the years. She is young and having a sickness that bad was not something to be looking forward to. Technically speaking, she was doomed to live with this suffering the rest of her life. Applying that to myself, I have always been healthy as a horse, and every little suffering was a real pain for me. But after I heard about this young woman who was enduring her constant pains and also continuously, unceasingly thanking the LORD for loving her and granting her a chance to love Him back, each time I am about to complain about how sick I am, I pause and I think of what God wants. May everything in my life be according to His will, not mine.

Also, most pastors say that we tend to turn to Him, that we rely on Him more than ever whenever we are suffering. I cannot agree more. Deciding to become a Christian does not mean that we will live the rest of our earthly lives on cloud nine. Now I am having a really hard time being positive from my gastric flu. I throw up each time anything is trying to enter my stomach (like water and tea, since I stopped hoping that any food will stay). But thinking back to my friend, I can really see that she is fully relying on God, which also is something I should learn from. Let Him be in control. Stay happy because I am already saved. I still have hope. Elpida.
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him.
Philippians 1:29

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:6-7
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment